How to create a IT user for SSO setup
Modified on: Mon, 27 Sep, 2021 at 10:47 AM
This step by step guide will show you how to create a user that can be used by your IT department to address the more technical aspects of the Siteimprove platform. This user type will only have access to the settings and integrations area within the platform. Remember to do this before enabling SSO if you are setting up an IT user for the purpose of configuring SSO.
Create an IT user role
- Navigate to, Settings > Users > Roles
- On the roles page click on 'Add Role'
- Name the role: IT user
- The base role should be set to Administrator
- Set 'Users' to View everything and Actions all
- Set 'Settings' to View everything and Actions all
- Set 'Integrations' to View everything and Actions all
- Make sure that all the other options are turned off.
- Click on 'Add Role'
Create an IT User
- Navigate to Settings > Users > Manage Users
- In the manage users page click on 'Add user'
- Fill in the information for your IT user
- Click on 'Next'
- Select the user you've created
- Click on 'Edit Role' and select the IT user role you've created previously and 'Save'
- Select 'Send welcome email'
- Click 'Finish'
The new user will receive a welcome email with a link to configure their password.
Note: We recommend that you retain your IT user as a "Local account" (not SSO) in case you need to update your SSO certificate information at some later stage. See the SSO v2 FAQ for more information on changing user type.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Technical Support.