Response: Technical Specifications
Modified on: Fri, 25 Mar, 2022 at 10:39 AM
Siteimprove Response monitors servers' HTTP-requests at a certain distance and sends to predefined URLs. The Response module monitors a website's server(s) response and if required, the content of the response. If the response time exceeds the limit defined by the customer, we will notify you immediately via e-mail and/or text message. This article is intended to outline the technical specifications in regards to Siteimprove Response.
IP Addresses and User Agents
The IP address and user-agents used by Response can be found in the article "What IP addresses are used by Siteimprove?" (login required).
HTTP content scanning: GET request for the HTML is sent and parsed along with positive or negative matches are evaluated.
It is possible to select which monitoring servers you want to monitor your checkpoint. Monitoring servers are available worldwide.
- Sâo Paulo
- Northern California
- Northern Virginia
Alerts are triggered by the following events:
- If no response to the HTTP request within the time configured
- The response status differs from 200 (Follow Redirect on 301 and 302 can be used as allowed set up)
- If the content scanning is enabled and finds no positive match or the entered negative match is found
- If a login is required and this fails
Any number of users can configured to receive alerts.
Custom Check Options
- Check rate of either 30 seconds or 1, 5, 15 or 30 minutes are provided
- Check pauses can be set
- Verification breaks can be set
- Response time checks possible: Login pages with password by Form Login or Basic Authentication
Reporting and Statistics
In addition to the alerts, Siteimprove offers daily, weekly, or monthly Response reports, showing you the collected monitoring statistics. The reports show average response time, any registered downtime, and errors found.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback