What are User Journeys and how can you add them?
User Journeys is a useful feature within the Siteimprove Analytics module to measure visitor navigation behavior on your website. User Journeys show the different paths that visitors take between a start page (A) and an end page (B). User Journeys can help you understand how your visitors are reaching their intended destinations on your site.
This article is intended to show you how to add a User Journey to start collecting data and create better experiences for your visitors.
What User Journeys can show you
- Understand your visitors' navigation behaviors
- Identify where information architecture could be improved
- Visualize how many different ways there are to reach an intended destination on your website
Adding User Journeys
- Select Analytics from the main menu
- Select Behavior from the side-bar menu
- From the sub-menu, select User Journeys
- Click on the Add User Journey button
- Name the journey, and select its Start Page and End Page by searching for either URL or page title
- Click the green Add User Journey button to complete the setup.
Note: It can take a few minutes for a journey to be processed. If a user only has group access to a site, then details about pages outside of that group will be restricted. Routes are calculated up to 8 steps at most (i.e. start page -> 6 page steps -> end page).
Screenshot of a User Journey
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback