How do I locate and correct a misspelling?
The Quality Assurance module shows what misspellings have been found on your website. But how do you actually find and correct them? This article is intended to guide you, in a step-by-step fashion, in correcting misspellings on your website.
- Select Quality Assurance from the main menu.
- Click on Spelling from the side-bar menu.
- From the sub-menu, click on Find Misspellings.
- Click on the Misspellings tab.
- From the list of misspellings, find the misspelled word you want to correct.
- Expand the Pages column next to the misspelled word to view all pages on your site where the misspelling was found. Note that if the misspelling is found on multiple pages, they need to be corrected on every page.
- Click on the page title of the page where the misspelling was found. You will be referred to the Page Report for that page.
- The platform highlights the misspelling with a flashing red color on the Page Report. If the misspelling does not highlight or does not seem to be on the live page, try using "Show HTML" as these misspellings are typically only found in the source code.
- To correct the misspelling you need to go to the page affected by the misspelling in your Content Management System (CMS). In most cases we can set up a deeplink to the affected page from the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform, so you do not have to navigate to the page in your CMS, saving you valuable time. If you want to have the CMS deeplink setup please see - "How do I enable CMS Deeplinking?"
- If your CMS system has been deeplinked with the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform, click on the "CMS" button located on top left-hand side of the page. This button provides a shortcut to the affected page in your editing environment.
- Correct the misspelling and republish the page. Once the correction is live you can re-check the page in Siteimprove to make sure the misspelling was fixed correctly. If you have corrected the misspelling on multiple pages, you can re-check pages in bulk by ticking off the boxes next to each page, and clicking the Re-check button. The misspelling will disappear automatically after the next scheduled crawl if this is not done.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.