Siteimprove SEO: How to connect to Google Search Console
Modified on: Tue, 18 Jan, 2022 at 2:40 PM
Google Search Console (GSC) is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site's presence in Google search results.
In order to get the most out of Siteimprove SEO Advanced, we recommend that you set up the connection between Siteimprove and the Google Search Console.
Note: When connecting to Google Search Console, the site URL must be configured as a URL-prefix property in GSC and match the site index URL in the Siteimprove platform. The user email in the platform has to match the one you are using to log into GSC and manage the site at an owner level. We fetch data daily but the most recent data we can collect from Google has a delay of three days.
Set up Google Search Console integration
- Go to SEO > Research > Google Search Console.
- Then click on ‘Manage Integration’.
- Click on 'Connect' under options for Google Search Console.
Note: You need to be an administrator for your account in Google Search Console to authorize the integration.
- If you are an administrator for your account in Google Search Console you will be prompted to complete the connection.
- Click ‘Allow’ on the prompt for Siteimprove to access you Google account.
- If your user has the necessary Google permissions, the integration will be authorized and you will be directed back to Siteimprove.
If you have any questions regarding this, please contact Siteimprove Technical Support with your request.