How do I find unwanted words on my website?
Policy is the perfect tool for identifying unwanted or outdated words on your website. The case may be that an employee has left the company, a product name has been changed or something of that sort that needs to be updated or removed. Please be aware that you will need to edit this in your content management system (CMS).
Below is a step-by-step guide to finding unwanted words on your website:
- Select Policy from the main menu
- Select My Policies from the side-bar menu
- Click Create policy
- Select the Content policy category
- Add a rule to the policy by clicking the + sign
- Click the Content match rule
- Insert the unwanted word or sentence. To add more matches, click on + Add another match. Please note that a policy should reflect what you do not want to find on your website (e.g. an old product name or the name of a former employee)
- Give the policy a descriptive name
- Use the note to describe what action the editor needs to take
- Choose if you want to apply the policy to all sites on your account or specific sites
- Assign a Priority to your policy. This will give editors a heads up on what policies to focus on
- Choose if you want to make the policy visible in other services (QA, Accessibility, SEO) to
supplement existing checks and issues
- Finish the policy set up by clicking Save changes
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.