How do I find pages that contain my organization’s telephone number?
You can use the Siteimprove Policy feature to find content on your website, for example, your organization’s telephone number.
- Select Policy > My Policies from the menu
- Click on the button Create Policy
- Select the "Content Match"
- Select the Policy category "Content"
- Click on "Add rule to policy"
- Select the rule "Content Match"
- Add the phone number (or any content that you are looking for) as the content match.
- Give your policy a name
- Click on the "Create Policy" button.
This policy will then search through all your HTML pages finding the text where that contact number appears. The format of the phone number might not be the same on all pages so it’s a good idea to look for multiple formats within your Policy.
The Policy Overview [in-app tutorial] gives a quick tour of our Policy module. The Create your own policy [in-app tutorial] will guide you through setting up a policy. Also, see the related article, Creating policies.
Useful tip: You can also get an overview of the phone numbers found on your website under Quality Assurance-> Inventory -> Phone numbers.
Opening the Page drop-down to the right of a phone number displays the pages where the number is found.
For more useful tutorials have a look at our Complete List of Interactive Tutorials.
Did you find it helpful? Yes NoSend feedback