How to connect URL shortener data to your Siteimprove CMS plugin
URL shortener integration enables Siteimprove to access the URL shortener data. You can connect Siteimprove’s own URL shortener so that its data will be shown within the Siteimprove CMS plugin. Siteimprove also supports integration with third-party URL shorteners. For information on connecting to third-party URL shorteners, see the following articles:
- How to set up Bitly URL shortener integration
- How to setup T2M URL shortener integration
- How to setup Rebrandly URL Shortener integration
- How to set up ClickMeter URL Shortener integration
The URL shortener integration helps to:
- Give users an overview of digital content assets and their dependencies when managing their digital assets.
- Check if unpublishing a page will have an impact on short URLs linked to that page.
- Indicate different usage of the page.
- Indicate digital assets that may be relevant to another department’s material.
Note: You need to be an Account Owner or Administrator to add the Siteimprove URL shortener integration. You also need to have Siteimprove Analytics to configure this integration.
Connect Siteimprove URL shortener
- Navigate to Integrations > Integrations Overview from the main menu.
- Click on the "Connect" button to the right of Siteimprove URL Shortener integration.
- When successful, a notification will be shown to confirm that the Siteimprove URL shortener is connected and you will be redirected to the Manage URL shorteners page of the Integrations menu.
Within Manage URL Shorteners it is possible to delete the Siteimprove URL Shortener connection using the options button on the right of the connection list.
Siteimprove CMS plugin
Once you have added the Siteimprove connection, data from your URL shortener will be visible within the Siteimprove CMS plugin. You can then use the plugin to get an overview of all digital content assets and check if unpublishing a page will have an impact on short URLs linked to a page.
URL shortener data can be found in the following two locations within the Siteimprove CMS plugin:
- On the page details under the “This page” tab.
- When viewing the impact of un-publishing a page via the “See Unpublish Impact” button.
Further information on the Siteimprove CMS plugin can be found in the following articles:
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback