How do I edit user access to Sites and Groups in Siteimprove?
Note: Only Account owners and Administrators can change user access to sites.
Account owners and administrators can edit user access to sites and groups via the Manage Sites table or the Users profile settings as described below. (See also What is a group?)
How to give a user access to a site
- Go to Settings > Sites from the main menu.
- To edit the user access for only one site click the button with the 3 dots on the site that you want to edit the user access for.
- If you want to give the user access to multiple sites at once, click the "Bulk edit" button on the top left corner of the sites overview.
- Then select the sites you want to edit and click "Edit user access".
- (The following aspects of the feature, bullet 5-7, are to be released by the end of November 2023)
Select the user or users needing access. Users that you select will get full access to sites. If a user should get group access only, then this can be set in Settings > Users > Manage users. The user access modal provides a link directly to the user settings, if group access only is needed for the user.
- To search and select the users you would like to give access, use the filter and search functionality, and the bulk selection when needed. You can filter by tag, role, and access to the selected sites. The filter will lead to only showing the filtered users. You will then, for example, see that you have selected not 0 of 200 users but 0 of 13 users based on your filter. Bulk selecting the users will select all the shown users.
- Once you have selected the desired users, either add or remove access to the sites for those users, and save the changes.
The selected users will now have access to the site.
How to give a user access to a group
- Go to Settings > Users > Manage Users from the main menu.
- Choose the User from the Manage Users table and navigate to the Site and group access tab.
- Click on the button “Edit site and group access” tab.
- Select the Site the user should have access to using the checkbox on the left.
- Select the required groups under the Groups column to edit a user’s group access.
- Click on “Save changes”.
If you have any questions regarding site access, feel free to submit a request to the Siteimprove support team and we'll be happy to get back to you.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback