November 2020 Release Highlights
Modified on: Fri, 1 Oct, 2021 at 12:40 PM
Our monthly release highlights include a brief summary of the top new features of the previous month.
This month’s update includes:
- An exciting change to Dashboards
- The launch of Siteimprove Web Security
- A new way to review your crawler information from the platform
- Performance updates
We recently adjusted our Dashboard reports in order to make better use of space and increase visual appeal. Users now have the option of adding dashboard elements that take up 25, 50, 75, or 100% of the dashboard width.
This change makes it easier to build custom dashboards for you and your team and make sure everyone is always on the same page.
Read more in the article: Configuring Siteimprove Dashboards and Dashboard Reports
Siteimprove Web Security allows users to easily audit their domains and web pages for security vulnerabilities. A full scan of a selected domain will present the findings in three different areas of potential weaknesses: Web Application, Network, and Server. These reports are then organized in a manageable way to help you keep track of the areas that need your attention.
Key features include:
- Score overview
- Detected Issues
- Issue details with recommendations
See all the key features and schedule a demo at Web Security product information.
Our crawler is the backbone of the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform - it collects most of the website data needed to generate the reports you see every day. While our users have always had access to the check history for high-level crawl information, deeper insight into the crawler’s behavior hasn’t been available until now.
This month, we introduced two new crawler management features in the platform:
- Crawler Management Scan History: easily review the specifics for reach crawl, including queue time, crawl time, and processing time.
- Crawler Management Site Overview: a top-level view of all your sites and their associated crawl statuses.
These insights will lead to a better understanding of the crawler and give more transparency regarding the status of your website scans.
Read more in the article: Crawler Queuing
We made an update to our Performance product in November to help users better prioritize and act on issues impacting page load time: new and improved suggestions! These new recommendations come in the form of two categories:
- Improvements: address these items to see a direct benefit in terms of page load speed and performance.
- Best Practices: address these items (if possible) to achieve high performing pages in the long-term.
Read more in the article: Performance update: New and improved Suggested Improvements