How to connect SEO Advanced to Google My Business accounts
Modified on: Thu, 28 Apr, 2022 at 12:15 PM
Google My Business
Google My Business (GMB) is a tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps.
76% of people who conduct a local search on their smartphone visit a physical location within 24 hours (Source: Google).
Siteimprove’s integration with Google My Business enables you to manage all your local Google listings in Siteimprove’s platform and ensure a fully optimized experience for the users who see them.
Keeping your listings up to date improves the likelihood of users visiting your brand online or in-store.
By using Google My Business within Siteimprove you can:
- See the current info for each listing, including attached images and those added by users
- Read reviews and reply directly from the Siteimprove platform
- Get an overview of your performance insights (e.g., searches, views, etc.)
- Edit the following information for each business location:
- Opening hours
- Name, address, and phone number
- Website and business category
Additionally, it’s possible to customize user access and permissions. This flexibility is particularly helpful for organizations where Customer Support may require access to read and reply to customer reviews but don’t need the ability to change opening hours or business location.
Connecting SEO Advanced to Google My Business
To Connect SEO to Google My Business, follow the steps below.
- From the main menu go to SEO > Local SEO -> Google My Business
- Click on the “Sign in to Google” button.
- Enter the login details for your Google account (i.e., the Google login associated with Google My Business)
- Check the “See, edit, create and delete your Google business listings” box and click "Continue".
(Note: This step is necessary in order for the integration to work)
- Select the accounts you would like to import data for by checking boxes to the left of the account name.
- Once the accounts are selected, click on the button, “Link selected accounts”.
- Now you can assign users. You can select multiple accounts and assign users to them or select individual accounts using the edit icon to the right of the Users column.
- Select the user from within the user modal and click on the “Save” button
You also have the option to filter and then assign user permissions based on Siteimprove user roles.
- You can see that the users have been assigned to the account under the user's column.
- Click on the button “Confirm and import data” to start getting data from Google My Business.
Note: As we will import up to 12 months of data it can take some time so feel free to close the window and check back later.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback