Nov 23rd, 2023 - Platform update: Improved management of user access to sites
We have improved the way you manage user access to sites so that you are now able to select the users who should get access to one or multiple sites instead of adding them separately.
What is the new 'Improved management of user access to sites' function about?
In the old version, you were able to:
- Search for users by name, email, and tag in a search box
- Individually select users, not in bulk
In the new version, you are able to:
- Search for users by email or user name (individually selectable).
- Filter users by role.
- Filter users by tag.
- Filter users by access (with access, without access, partial access, group access).
- Bulk select or individually select the filtered users.
Picture 1: Screenshot of the platform settings section from where you can manage user access.
Why use this new 'Improved management of user access to sites' function?
The new feature is helpful in many cases - when needing to find users with a specific tag, or a specific role, and when all users on an account should get access to a new site (or multiple sites).
It makes it a lot easier to set up the correct access for users to sites, with fewer clicks.
Where is the 'Improved management of user access to sites' function located?
The new feature is found via 'Settings' > 'Sites'.
Then you have three options to manage user access, either via the:
- Bulk settings.
- Actions bar on the right side of a site entry.
- Site summary “users with access” area.
Then follow these steps:
- See the edit user access functionality pop-up.
- Choose any of the filters (tags, role, access) or search for the name or email of the users, to find the users you are looking for.
- Choose the users either individually or in bulk.
- Click “Add access” or “Remove access” to add or remove access for the selected users.
- Click “Save changes” to save the changes that you have made.
- If the user has group access only to a site, then this can only be changed in the user profile. The help icon explains this and the button on the right takes you right to the user’s profile.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback