How do I fix a broken link?
Modified on: Thu, 1 Jul, 2021 at 5:33 PM
This article is intended to guide you on how to find and fix a broken link on your website.
Video explaining on how to fix a broken link
If you prefer to watch, check out this "How to Fix a Broken Link" video:
Steps to fix a broken link
- Go to Quality Assurance > Links > Broken Links
- Select the "Confirmed broken links" tab. Note: See related article on“How to manage your broken links”.
- Select the link you want to fix by clicking on the magnifying glass icon to the left-hand side of the link. This will show an example of the broken like on the Page report. To see the link on a specific page, open the Pages dropdown and select the page from the list.
- If the link is not highlighted, you can use the 'Show HTML' button to see the broken link in the source code.
- To fix the broken link, you need to edit the page in your Content Management System (CMS). In most cases, we can set up a deeplink so you do not have to navigate to the page in your CMS, saving you valuable time. See, How do I enable CMS Deeplinking?
- If deeplinking has been configured, click on the 'Edit in CMS' button on the Page Report. This button provides a shortcut to the affected page in your CMS editing environment.
- Fix the broken link and republish the page. Once the fix is live you can re-check the page in Siteimprove to make sure the links were fixed correctly. The broken link be removed from the list in the Siteimprove platform after the next automatic crawl or a manual recheck of the page. For further information on this see "How to re-crawl a site, a page, multiple pages or a group".
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.