How do I create a group based on a URL/title match?
Modified on: Fri, 19 Nov, 2021 at 10:31 AM
Note: Only Administrators, Account Owners, or a custom role with the "manage groups" permission can create/edit groups.
Groups help you to manage your content within the Siteimprove platform. Groups can be created in the Content suite (QA, SEO, Accessibility) and/or Analytics. For more information on types of groups see "What is a group?".
Groups are most often created using a simple match based on page titles or URLs.
If your website URL/titles are not suitable for a simple group match, you can also use an HTML content match. For more information on that see "How do I create a group based on an HTML content match".
Creating a group based on a URL/title match
- With the site selected, go to Settings > Groups from the main menu.
- Click on "Create Group".
- Give the group a name.
- Select the service that the group should be available (default is Content and Analytics).
- Click on "Add group match" under Matches.
- Select the Match type.
- Select how the match should be treated, i.e. included or excluded. You need to include pages in a group before you can exclude pages from a group.
- Enter the match conditions, e.g. contains /news/.
- Click on "Save changes" and your new group is ready for use. See “How do I edit user access to Sites and Groups in Siteimprove?” regarding group access for users.
In order to use the tutorials marked with an asterisk (*), you need to be an Administrator or equivalent.
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback