How do I add a site to my Siteimprove subscription?
Note: Only Account Owners have permission to add a site to an account. When bulk uploading sites, the limit is 300 sites at a time. Siteimprove will review new sites to ensure the check quality is correct. The initial crawl can take a couple of days.
Adding a site
- From the main menu go to Settings > Sites > Add site.
- If you have multiple sites, use the template provided to add your sites using "Upload file". The limit for bulk uploading sites is 300 sites at a time.
For a single site or a small number of sites, select "Manually enter sites".
- Select the products required using the check-boxes. (Note: Content and Usability/Analytics boxes will be checked by default.)
You can choose Content (i.e. Quality Assurance, Accessibility, SEO), and Analytics.
(Note: If you have one product but want to add another then only select the new product you want to add.)
- Click on “Check Site”.
Once you have added your site details we will check your site URLs and show the outcome of this check in a site list. Sites that we cannot access will be shown with an error message and next steps. For example, if a site to be added gives a moved permanently error, we will recommend that you add the URL you are redirected to.
Sites that have had a successful URL check can be submitted for scanning.
I’m not an Account Owner, how do I find out who is?
If you are an Administrator you can find the Account owner under Settings > Manager Users.
Here you can filter by role using the options above the table to find the Account owner.
If you are not an Administrator please reach out to our technical support team.
Siteimprove says I can’t add this site, what do I do?
In some cases, you may get a "verification error" or "site already exists" message when trying to add a site. In these cases please verify that the URL you are adding is valid and try again. If you still get the error please reach out to our technical support team.
Tips when submitting a request to technical support to assist with a bulk site upload
If you need to submit a request to the technical support team to assist with a bulk site upload, please make sure the following is true about the sites you want to add to your subscription:
- All sites listed on the bulk upload sheet should respond with a 200 HTTP status code when a request is made to the site.
- All site URLs must be the "final destination" URLs.
- Example: if https://www.example.com/ redirects to https://www.example.com/about/, then https://www.example.com/about/ is the "final destination" URL that the Siteimprove crawler needs to use as the Index URL (starting point).
Sites that require login credentials to access the site's content should not be listed in the spreadsheet. If you would like to crawl a site that is not publicly available, behind a firewall, and/or requires login credentials, then please review this article "Can Siteimprove crawl an intranet and other non-public sites?" for instructions on how to submit a site for review.
All sites on the bulk upload list should be "new" sites that have not already been added to the platform.
Other useful resources
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback